Friday, December 2, 2011

kahina giving beauty

I'm so excited to introduce y'all to my new favorite beauty product line, Kahina Giving Beauty. For those of you that aren't familiar with the brand, it was started by Katherine Philips L'Heaureux who discovered the effectiveness of pure argan oil for her own beauty routine after a trip to Morocco. The brand now donates 25% of profits to the Berber women of Morocco who extract the argan oil through techniques passed down through generations. I've actually been to Morocco and had the chance to meet a few of the women there so Kahina's cause is close to my heart. I love that through something as small as my daily skincare routine, I can help deserving women in need. The Kahina Giving Beauty brand is one of the most socially responsible I've ever come across, they not only have an amazing philanthropy but also practice fair trade and support sustainability in the argan forests where their ingredients are derived. Plus, the products are absolutely amazing. I'll share reviews for my two favorites, the Argan Oil and Antioxidant Mask.
 Their Argan Oil is like their signature product since the whole line contains high amounts of this ingredient. I've shared my thoughts on argan oil before and the benefits of using it to soften and protect your hair but up until trying Kahina's Argan Oil product, I didn't even know it could be used in other ways. Now I use this 100% organic treatment for my body and hands, and even my face. I've been using it nightly after cleansing to replenish moisture and it's worked better than any facial moisturizer. It absorbs easily and I'm left with a healthy, glowing look. If you aren't aware, Argan oil is super high in Vitamin E, essential fatty acids, and antioxidants. It's been shown to fight free radicals that cause signs of aging and it also reduces inflammation.
This Antioxidant Mask I've been absolutely raving about to my friends lately. I already love using masks because I think they're fun to apply and provide some moisture but this one takes the cake. You use it 2-3 times a week and simply apply a layer over moistened skin and leave on for 7 to 10 minutes. Then gently massage (the mask has small exfoliating particles) and rinse. The first time I did this I was literally shocked by how soft my skin was. I even insisted we try it out on my boyfriend's face (don't tell him I told you) and it worked wonders for him too. I don't normally give skincare products as gifts but this one is so fabulous for any skin type, I'll definitely be gifting it to friends come Christmas (plus the simple black packaging makes it perfect for guys too!).

Don't you love coming across awesome brands with great environmental and social initiatives and wonderful products to boot?

No comments:

Post a Comment