Friday, February 3, 2012

recent sephora buys + a drugstore find

You'll have to forgive me, I've made so many trips to Sephora over the past few months that I haven't mentioned at all here on the blog but I thought I'd get back in the swing of things and share the few things I picked up last week when I was in.

 Benefit's Benetint was actually the first stain cosmetic I ever tried and I used it religiously for my cheeks until my make-up bag was stolen off a hotel luggage cart in New Orleans last year. I then decided it was high time to see what else was out there. Well, I've tried countless other liquid cheek stains and for me, this one is the best. A bottle lasts forever and gives the loveliest, sheer flush with serious lasting power. The directions say to apply three dots to the apples of your cheeks and blend with fingertips but I apply a half-dollar sized "X" instead.

 Eye Bright is an eye brightener product that's new to me. I'm still figuring out exactly how to wear it but so far, I do like the more awake look it lends. Now, I'm sure there's a cheaper version of this one, if you know of a good one, please do let me know in the comments!

NARS' Cairo is a version of a shade I've been wearing for as long as I can remember. It's a champagne shimmer that can't be beat for day wear. 

And lastly, this Eco Tools foundation brush is a drugstore buy (found mine at Walgreens) that was recommended to me by a friend. The fibers are actually softer than some of my natural brushes and I love the brand's 1% For the Planet pledge.

What have you picked up lately you're loving?

1 comment:

  1. I too use the Eco Tools foundation brush and live it! I also like their bronzer brush.

    ReplyDelete