Friday, December 2, 2011

classic beauty products

Julep's Salma
Yesterday I was delighted to find what I consider to be the perfect red nail polish for my skin tone and it got me thinking about those wonderful beauty products you turn to time and time again for an elegant, timeless look. This morning I'm taking a break from organizing my office/closet to share mine.

In my opinion you can never go wrong with a saturated red polish. I love trying out unconventional colors like blue and orange but I always come back to these classics.
Deborah Lippmann in Supermodel. Julep in Salma. Essie in Jelly Apple.

For my face I basically use this combination every day, switching up my foundation type only when the seasons change and I require more or less moisture and/or SPF.
Avon Extra Lasting Liquid Foundation in 505, Light Ivory. Chanel Pressed Powder in Translucent 1.

I change up my preferred eye liners and mascaras quite frequently but when it comes to eyeshadow, I use this gorgeous neutral palette from Bobbi Brown almost exclusively (no longer available but this one I also own and it's somewhat similar and lovely).
Bobbi Brown Nude on Nude Shimmer Wash Eye Shadow Palette.

A foolproof, classic scent I recently tried out and absolutely love is Kai's Perfume Oil. It's a beautiful, exotic scent with lots of gardenia.
Kai Perfume Oil.

And lastly, for my lips I alternate and combine these three products depending on day or night for a hint of natural color and shine.
Chanel Lipgloss in 65. Dior Addict Lip Maximizer. Revlon Just Bitten Lipstain + Balm in Desire.

What are your go-to beauty and hair products for a classic, polished look?

No comments:

Post a Comment