Monday, December 19, 2011

nicole by opi kardashian kolors collection pt. 2

Day two of swatches for the Kardashian Kolors collection! I think anyone who knows anything about me realizes I'm a sucker for anything with sparkle, so these glitter lacquers were right up my alley. I'll start with the three darkest:
left to right: Kendall on the Katwalk, Listen to Your Momager!, Follow Me On Glitter

Follow Me On Glitter- took me a minute to get the name (Glitter-Twitter) but it's an awesome color. It has a smoky grey base with silver and black microglitter and larger, round multiglitter accents mixed in.

Listen to Your Momager! is a medium/dark blue shimmer. After one coat I thought I wasn't going to be that impressed with it but it totally transforms into a gorgeous deep blue with the second and the sparkle becomes much more noticeable.

Kendall on the Katwalk is my favorite from all the glitters in this collection. It's a blue base with green and purple glitter thrown in to accent and it's gorgeous. It's also very richly colored and easy to apply.

left to right: Disco Dolls, Rainbow in the S-Kylie, Wearing Something Spar-Kylie

 I loooove this one. It's a super-fine gold glitter with mulitcolor round glitter accents. It's very similar to Glitter In My Stocking but instead of red glitter accents, it's all different colors.

I've already seen this shade, Wear Something Spark-Kylie on multiple people and I can understand why. It's a really fun, sparkly pink (looks even better with a second coat). It doesn't have the chunky glitter like a few of these other polishes but I love it, the finer glitter makes it much easier to apply and remove.

Glitter in the S-Kylie is clear with multicolored glitter accents (round and hexagonal). It's very comparable to OPI's Rainbow Connection and Deborah Lippmann's Happy Birthday. I can't wait to try it over Listen to Your Momager!

And now for the last two, these I actually had grouped with the polishes from yesterday because just glancing at the bottle, the shimmer is hard to catch.
Kim-Pletely In Love really surprised me. I thought this was going to be another run-of-the-mill sheer pink but it's actually a beautiful very subtly shimmered polish. The glitter is so fine it also lends the lacquer an iridescent quality, so the color is slightly differs depending on the lighting. Two thumbs up from me, great take on the sheer pink everyone needs in their polish arsenal!

It's All About the Glam is very pretty. It's opaque white after 2-3 coats but because of the sparkle it looks soft and not so stark (why I don't wear solid white polish). I'm definitely going to be reaching for this one again soon.

Overall, I really have nothing bad to say about this collection. There wasn't a single polish I think should have been left out or perfected. As always, I was crazy about the Nicole by OPI formula and the new-to-me brush design was a pleasant surprise. I was also really impressed with all the glitter and shimmer polishes from this collection (eight in total!), Nicole by OPI seems to have perfected the art of making them.

If you missed day one, with the creme polishes, they're swatched here.

No comments:

Post a Comment