Friday, December 2, 2011

opi muppets collection

 Ok y'all, get comfortable because I have swatches for quite a few new OPI colors to share! These are all from the Holiday Muppets collection, which frankly I wasn't very excited about until I saw all the gorgeous shades they'd come up with for it. I'll start with my favorite from the bunch:
 Designer, De Better is a lovely silver platinum with a tiniest hint of a pink shimmer. I've been wearing this one for about a week and the formula and color have absolutely impressed me.
 Gettin' Piggy With It is a red and silver chunky glitter polish. I'm wearing one coat here over Designer, De Better. 
Rainbow Connection is another favorite from this collection. It has a range of sparkles in colors and sizes and looks so fun layered over any other polish (pictured over Meep-Meep-Meep). 
 Gone Gonzo! is a blue and silver glitter lacquer that looks great alone (here with one coat) or over another. I can't wait to try it over the silvery Designer, De Better.
 Meep-Meep-Meep is one that looks pretty different in the bottle versus on your nails. I assumed this was more a top coat/glitter polish but it actually works great on it's own (as it's pictured here). The shimmer is the same color pink as the polish but very iridescent, which I love.
 Wocka Wocka! is actually a gorgeous classic red with a bit of iridescence to it. It's a bit darker than my standard go-to OPI reds so it's a great choice for Fall.
 Animal-istic is a fiery red/orange with a lot of iridescent shimmer. 
 Divine Swine is very similar to Gone Gonzo! only it's purple glitter instead of blue. I'm thinking it would look great over gold for the holidays.
 Warm & Fozzie is one that I'm absolutely crazy about. It's dramatic without being over-the-top and the tiny gold flakes of shimmer in this one reflect light so beautifully.
Fresh Frog of Bel Air is a super fun green and silver glitter. I immediately think of Christmas when I see it. I'm wearing it here over Animal-istic but I think I'd like it even more over a navy or silver lacquer.

Do you own any polishes from the Muppets Collection? Which are your favorites?

2 comments:

  1. I probably just lingered over this post a little too long to be considered normal, but I am SO utterly addicted to glittery polish at the moment (I've bought 5 in the past month! Including stalking this Muppets collection all over the internet after I first saw it on your instagram). Last week I was all about the chunky silver glitter (Opi's 'Crown Me Already') over Essie pastel pink, and currently it's rainbow glitter over deep plum. Happy nails!

    Briony xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review of all the polishes! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete