Friday, December 2, 2011

ready in a hurry

My guy seems to think surprising me with dinner reservations is spontaneous and romantic and has a knack for making them when I'm on the couch in yoga pants and that morning's gym t-shirt. This means that more often than I'd like, I've got 15 minutes to get drop-dead-gorgeous ready and out the door. Today I'm sharing two things that get me ready to go quickly when I'm rushing.
The first thing is this Miss Oops Rescue Sponge. I blogged about it a while back but it certainly deserves a second mention. This little sponge works wonders on deodorant marks, which is a godsend considering a black top is usually part of my go-to outfit when I don't have time to get creative. The last time one of those dinner reservations was sprung on me I reached for the super-versitile silky black racerback I'd worn briefly that morning only to find it had  very unattractive deodorant marks underneath the arms. Here are the before and after shots I snapped while running around trying to get ready. I probably only used the sponge for 5 seconds and the results are amazing.
I've used in on everything from toothpaste dribble to dry shampoo residue, it works wonders!

The second thing I thank the good Lord for when I'm in a hurry is dry shampoo. I've been a longtime believer in Oscar Blandi's Volumizing Dry Shampoo but at $23 a can, I thought it was definitely worth trying out some drugstore brands when I finished off my last bottle. 
I picked up everything CVS had which was Suave, Tresemme, and Pssst! Here are my thoughts on each:
Suave: This was by far my least favorite mostly because it left an awful white residue when I used even a small amount. The smell was pleasant though so maybe this would work for those with very light blonde hair, otherwise, I'd skip it.
Tresemme: This was the best at volumizing out of the three. There was some white residue but not near at much as the Suave. This one would be great for those with flat, limp hair. It will give you great body along with absorbing oil, just be careful not to use too much.
Pssst!: My favorite! I could use copious amounts and not get that powdery look that comes along with many dry shampoos. It was the most expensive at $7 but still a far cry from the usual $23 I shell out. It gave me moderate volume, didn't have a strong or unpleasant smell, and absorbed oil really well.

What do you use to get ready in a hurry? Do you have a favorite dry shampoo?

No comments:

Post a Comment