Thursday, December 8, 2011

smashbox goodies

Happy Thursday! This afternoon I'm sharing some photos and reviews for two of my new favorite products from Smashbox. 
I'll start with the Smashbox SoftBox Eyeshadow Palette ($42). I own a multitude of neutral palettes but this 6-shade selection takes the cake. First off, the textures are fabulous! The Photo Op shadows that make up this palette, in my opinion, are like a comprise between a powder and creme (which means super long lasting and pigmented color). Plus it contains a great mix of matte and shimmer shadows, so there are a ton of looks to be made and it's great for travel. The lightest color (lower left) is perfect to highlight and for use in the inner lash for that 'wide awake' effect. Overall, I'd highly recommend it, especially for the price. It'd make the perfect holiday happy for a girlfriend or stocking stuffer!

Next up is the Photo Set Pressed Powder ($29) that I've been wearing in light. It gives a great, light finish and absorbs oil throughout the day. I went 16 hours without touch-ups, which is pretty much unheard of for me. But the best thing is that it isn't too yellow, a problem I always have with powders. My skin is super pale and pink rather than yellow based and powders from brands like NARS and BareMinerals for the most part look ridiculous on me, but this one blended perfectly and matched my skin-tone- Hallelujah! Give it a try, especially if you have problems finding a good pressed powder that will cover and blend easily and controls shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment