Wednesday, January 4, 2012

cnd plum truffle duo

I hope y'alls first week of 2012 has been off to a great start. I used an awesome new polish duo from CND the other day I'm excited to share, the Plum Truffle Collection!

 As you all know, I'm a sucker for cute packaging and this pink and silver, plaid and poka dot combination had me giddy.

The two lacquers included are called Plum Truffle Sparkle #586 (left) and Plum Truffle #585 (right) 

Plum Truffle is a gorgeous, cool opaque raspberry. I've always loved CND's formula and this one is no exception, it went on easily and smoothly and dried glossy. 

The Effects polish in this duo is a really fun, pink/gold shimmer that adds a ton of dimension over the plum polish. Above is a shot of my nails with two coats of the Plum Truffle and one coat of the Plum Truffle Sparkle (as instructed by the packaging). 

I liked the result with one coat of the effects polish but true to form, I just wanted a little bit more sparkle than was necessary (surprise surprise!). I added a second coat of the shimmer polish and loved how it looked! 

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh I love these! The packaging is fabulous, and I love the color of the sparkle! I especially love it with 2 coats of sparkle, I would do the same too :)
    xoxo
    Lia
    Smart n Snazzy

    ReplyDelete