Friday, September 21, 2012

opi pink of hearts 2012 swatches


I'm home tonight with sweet Jelly who is feeling under the weather with an ear infection, so I thought it was a perfect time to bust out the new OPI Pink of Hearts duo that arrived earlier this week and give myself a quick mani. For those of you that don't know, OPI releases a micro collection to support Breast Cancer Awareness each year, and this year's shades might just be my favorite yet.


I Think In Pink is a beautiful sheer pink, almost bubblegum in the bottle, but on- it's gorgeously natural and versatile. In the packaging, I thought this was going to be a dupe of Pink Friday from the Nicki Minaj Collection (a truly lovely shade, but one I already own), but it's really much more sheer and subdued (i.e. wearable for everyday). Plus, although it's sheer, it builds to full opacity in as little as 2 coats. Love!


You Glitter Be Good to Me is a small pink glitter and magenta hex glitter mix. It's a great formula with tons of sparkle (no going in the bottle multiple times to get more glitter on the brush) and I think it'll look great over purple polish as well (pictured here layered over I Think in Pink). 


And here's a shot of these swatched individually and layered that I hope gives you a better idea of what You Glitter Be Good to Me looks like on it's own.

I'm not sure on the official release date for this duo. If you know, please comment and let me know!



No comments:

Post a Comment