Friday, December 2, 2011

new scents

Here are reviews for two new scents I picked up Wednesday afternoon on my quick shopping run. The first is Bliss ($54). This is actually my second bottle. The first I used for about a month or so and then unfortunately left in a hotel room out of town. I hadn't thought much about it since then until I smelled a sample I had of it the other day and immediately decided to re-buy a bottle. To be honest, it's not a very special scent, definitely not something I'd describe as unforgettable, but it's the closest thing I've ever smelled to a universally appealing fragrance. I can't imagine anyone not liking this one because it's just so fresh and light. Plus it'd be near impossible to over-apply. This is a great choice if you'd like to buy someone perfume as a gift but aren't sure what their tastes are or if you're buying for someone younger (or yourself!) and don't want anything overpowering.
The second fragrance I picked up is one I've been sniffing in magazines for years and finally decided it was time I brought a bottle home. It's theCoach Poppy perfume ($65). It's a lot sweeter than the scents I usually fall for, and maybe even a bit young for me, but a nice change. Plus the bottle is downright adorable! I also smelled Coach's newer version, the Poppy Flower and didn't care for it at all. For me, it smelled like this scent but with much fruitier and overpowering notes of freesia and sweet jasmine.
What are your favorite perfumes? Have you tried out either of these?

No comments:

Post a Comment